Hey Jim, Got A New Camera?


Cormorant, St Mary's Island
 
Well...yes I have, actually.
 
Until recently I have used my trusty, though dated, Nikon 4500 for digiscoping and a bridge camera for close work. Though my Fuji 9100 has a 50x optical zoom it also has no manual focus which is an issue when trying to fine tune the focus on a moving subject or one that is partially hidden.
Now I have taken the next step and become one of the hoards of birders carrying a DSLR. After much humming and haa-ing I settled on the Nikon D5500 and a Tamron SP VC 70-300mm AF lens, plus various tubes and converters. I have had the camera for just two weeks but the difference is staggering. Almost instant focus, great cropping results, amazing colour and sharp.
I know I'm just showing off but have a look. Constructive comments are always welcome.
 
Oystercatcher, St Mary's Island
Purple Sandpiper, Church Point, Newbiggin
Purple Sandpipers & Turnstones, Church Point
Greenshank, Thornham Harbour
Smew, Saltholme RSPB
Goldfinch, Saltholme RSPB
Avocet, Thornham Harbour
Blue Tit, Saltholme RSPB
Goldcrest, Santon Downham
Long-tailed Tit, Santon Downham
Shorelarks, Hartlepool
Siskin, Titchwell RSPB


Comments

Translate