Golden Oriole, Snettisham

Golden Oriole, male, Snettisham Coastal Park

Heavy rain today until 4pm. Decided to go out and look around the coastal park. I thought I was doing well when I glimpsed a Nightingale near the ringing area. There were birds everywhere, a myriad of Garden Warblers, Grasshopper Warblers, Sedge Warblers etc. There was also a Ring Ouzel, some flypast Whimbrel and my first Swifts of the year.

However, they all pale in comparison to the immaculate male Golden Oriole which put on an awesome display for those who saw it.



Comments

  1. well done, great find. What a cracker. It's been a slow start to spring 2012 so let's hope this is a sign of things to come. Happy birding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations indeed Jim and thanks for the call! Hope you didn't mind me mentioning your name as finder with my picture of the bird in the Lynn News on Friday! (they changed the words though and put 'initially saw'

      Delete

Post a Comment

Translate