A week of ticks.

Sunday March 7th.
Took myself off to Snettisham for a walk in the morning. Nice day but I was feeling too lazy to walk to the hides. Fortunately the two Shorelarks were very obliging as were 4 Twite about 200 yds south of the chalets. Out on the flats the mud seemed to be covered with a myriad of waders and wildfowl. A new year tick flew past in the form of 4 Whimbrel.





















Monday 8th March
Spent the day working around Norwich and Loddon so I took full advantage. Norwich gave me 5 Waxwings at Earlham fire station, one of my favourite birds. Later, while waiting for my Loddon appointment, I spent an hour looking over Thorpe Marshes. My luck held as raptors appeared to be everywhere. The Rough Legged Buzzard proved difficult but I saw it eventually. Also on view were 5 Marsh Harriers, 3 Hen Harriers, Peregrine, Merlin, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel and to cap it all a lovely Red Kite. Raptor Heaven!

























Thursday 11th March
Up in Sheringham and Cromer today. Had to spend an hour on the promenade at Sheringham and it was worth while. The Glaucous Gull was very kind and shared the beach with an adult Yellow Legged Gull  and a  Purple Sandpiper.
A Red Necked Grebe was on the sea, amazingly, a summer plumaged Black Guillemot sped past at the same moment...a Norfolk tick.

Comments

Translate