March 22nd

I was working along the Suffolk coast today so obviously I had to try for the Penduline Tits at Minsmere only to "dip" for the first time this year. There was some consolation in the form of 2 Jack Snipe and Cetti's Warbler singing from every bush.
Decided then to spend a little time at Dunwich Heath, I found my 1st moth of the year, a nice Yellow Horned and then a lovely Firecrest next to the toilet block. Walked over the Heath and came across 30 Red Deer just lounging about, seemingly unconcerned with me. Looking up there were 4 Mediterranean Gulls overhead. There were also several pairs of Stonechats on the heather but the star birds had to be the beautiful Dartford Warblers, I counted 11, it's amazing how they survived the winter.
Yellow Horned - Dunwich Heath

Red Deer - Dunwich Heath

Firecrest - Dunwich Heath

Comments

Translate